Wherewolf, Queenstown, New Zealand 2017-Present
Wherewolf, Queenstown, New Zealand 2017-2018
Chief Marketing Officer
- Oversee brand and marketing initiatives of app for adventure tourism operators.
Vitamin J B2B Digital Agency, Indianapolis, IN 2012-2018
Principal, Chief Strategist
- B2B Digital and mobile business strategy to growth-oriented companies seeking game-changing ideas to support their sales channels and distribution networks.
- Digital business strategy consulting for a variety of firms including those in the non-profit, financial services and technology services sectors.
- Public speaker and presenter on social media, digital strategy and the impact of mobile on business.
PatentStatus IP Software, Indianapolis, IN 2011-2018
- Launched first turn-key solution to enable corporations to implement virtual marking, the new method of patent marking made possible by the America Invents Act.
- Launch new software-as-a-service venture from conception to market.
- Lead venture capital fundraising, talent recruitment and organizational strategy.
- Raise seed-capital to support the go-to market strategy from angel investors and seed capital funds
Mobiltopia, Indianapolis, IN 2010 – 2012
Founder, Senior Mobile Strategist
- Launch new digital services business to build mobile-optimized web sites and custom apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Public speaker and presenter on mobile’s impact on business.
- Develop mobile strategy for B2B corporations to leverage mobile platforms to reach market objectives.
- Conduct workshops and strategic planning sessions for mobile strategy initiatives.
MediaSauce, Indianapolis, IN 2008 – 2010
Vice President of Strategy
- Oversee digital strategy consulting services, providing technology-driven business strategy plans with an emphasis in digital and social media for companies including Duke Realty, Kimball International, Indiana Farm Bureau, and more.
- Lead as a senior management team member to organization’s strategic development and growth.
- Awarded by peers for “Best Mentor,” “Social Media Leader” and “Best Connected” in Annual Company Awards (The Sauceys).
- Internet consulting services for clients in Fortune 500, public, private, association and not-for-profit industries.
- Public speaker focusing on applying digital and social media to drive sales in a 24/7 economy, engaging in more than 75 public speaking events, keynotes and workshops.
- Executive trainer on using social media to build sales and marketing networks and creating a digital culture within an organization.
LIN Media Corp., Providence, RI 2007 – 2008
Regional Internet Director
- Lead the Internet business operations of 11 television stations to exceed revenue and traffic through a new sales strategy, integrated marketing approach and introduction of niche Internet products.
- Develop sales, technology and content strategies to maximize revenue and Internet business for newest division of LIN.
Gannett Co., Indianapolis, IN 2002 – 2007
Digital Innovation and Development Project Manager, The Indianapolis Star
- Oversee enterprise-level projects for new innovation division; lead role in the implementation of new products, print and digital, to grow reach and revenues; develop strategy and lead implementation.
- Coordinate launch of all new technologies regarding IndyStar.com and related new Internet ventures; managed launch of IndyMoms.com, IndyPaws.com and numerous B2B and internal web applications that have generated seven figures in incremental revenue in their first year
- Innovation Committee chairman; lead innovative process to generate new revenue, optimize operations.
Manager, Market Share Development, The Indianapolis Star
- Lead new initiative to generate incremental revenue from key sales accounts through creative marketing and advertising solutions that maximize the powerful reach of The Star’s advertising products and services with campaigns ranging from five to seven figure deals; generated seven figures in incremental revenue.
- Generate strategic marketing plans for advertisers that netted incremental revenue for the company of 15-110% increases for accounts ranging from automotive dealers to home builder to retailers.
- Manage day-to-day operations of market analysis/research department to maximize sales and marketing efforts through qualified research and statistical information support.
- Selected by executive management to serve on The Indianapolis Star’s Committee for Innovation to manage ideation, evaluation and commercialization of new products and initiatives.
Assistant Editor, Operations and Marketing, INtake Magazine
- Managed the business operations of The Star’s young professional publication including vendor contracting, contract negotiation and accounts payable.
- Developed marketing initiatives to generate revenue, manage and oversee street marketing team and execution of all marketing events; increased revenue 400% through event marketing and sponsorship.
- Oversaw the implementation of INtakeWeekly.com (now Indy.com/Metromix) including the implementation of new database system that controlled both INtake and The Star’s new calendar system and online calendar, bar and dining guides.].
- Created a business strategy that moved INtakeWeekly.com to the most visited young reader publication in Gannett with monthly page views greater than 2.5 million (increase of 1000% in less than 6 months).
- Wrote and edited stories including author the weekly editorial column along with oversee and manage all special publication projects and online initiatives.
The Forensic Panel, New York, NY 2000 – 2002
Director of Business Development and Technology
- Developed corporate communication strategy; serve as contact for national media, pitch and develop story ideas to media including ABC News, CNN, MSNBC, with regular successful on-air results.
- Managed national presentation lecture and discussion programs in science, law, and public policy for academic and professional meetings such as American Academy of Forensic Sciences, including extensive travel; coordinate speakers, arrange for travel and schedule events for all on-site team members.
- Conception, development, and project management of all branding initiatives and web site development. Negotiated contractors, spearheaded design, and ongoing improvement-analysis.
- Oversaw nation’s first professional journal to convert from print publication to online-only publication, The Forensic Echo.
- Led web development of first-of-its-kind web application for research for an international forensic study on depravity, The Depravity Scale.
Osler Institute, Terre Haute, IN 1998 – 2000
AV & Internet Director,
- Serve as point-person for all technical questions regarding the set-up, logistics, and cost-of-services for 120 education and presentation meetings in 20 cities across the country.
- On-site event coordinator with hotels and meeting facilities management for 125+ events per year in top markets in the country; including the resolution of contract disputes, and solving of problems regarding facility, its staff, or outsourced vendors providing services to the event.
- Updated and standardized all departmental practices and procedures; implemented quality assurance program with other departments to ensure accuracy; and raised quality success rate from 55% to 95% in first 6 months on the staff and achieved unprecedented quality rate of 97% by end of first year.